French Wine Singapore
France wine is one of the hot selling wine in Singapore, with many varieties and range of wine selection.
- France is the world’s top two producers of wines
- It account for about 50% of all the fine wine produced globally
- Many of the international varieties originate from France
- Its wines are emulated by many countries
- French wine law served as the model for the EU’s wine law.
Geography and Climate
France is bounded by :
- To the southwest and west : the Atlantic Ocean
- To the northeast : English Channel
- To the northeast and east : mountainous terrain
- To the southeast : the Alps
- To the south : the Mediterranean Sea
- To the south/southwest : the Pyrenees
Within the country, the Massif Central dominates
Several rivers flow out from the mountains to the sea : The Rhone, the Rhine, the Loire, the Garonne and the Dordogne.
French Terroir and Varietalism
- France’s wine regions lie between the 42 and 50 latitudes
- They consists of Mediterranean, Continental and maritime climates
- They is great diversity in soil type , from clay, gravel, volcanic, limestone to flint.
French Main Varieties
According to a census done in 2005, the most planted grape varieties in France in descending order of quantity are as follows :
- Ugni Blanc
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Cabernet Franc